SelectField allows users to make a single selection from an options menu. It contains label, can display help message and validation message if necessary.
Table of contents
How to use SelectField
- Use labels. Labels are used to clearly communicate what the choices in the Select mean. They are also required from accessibility perspective.
- Use help text. Include any necessary information as clear as possible to help users make a choice.
- Use error messages. Guide users with the message and try to help your them solve the issue.
SelectField with help message
SelectField with error message
- For the label, use short descriptive phrases
- Options should be labeled in a clear way, so it's obvious what the option will do
- If the selection needs more explanation, use help text below the field.
- For validation provide solution focused error messages to guide users how to solve the issue
- Select should always contain label, help or validation message.
- Select should always have a