Notes provide context and information about a situation or action. Notes draw the users attention to a circumstance relevant to an action they're performing or a screen they're accessing. Don't confuse notes with notifications, which appear as feedback after a user has performed an action.
Table of contents
How to use Note
- Use an adequate note type to communicate the right kind of information
- Place the note visually closer to the action or real estate it relates to
- Unlike notifications, notes don't show up as feedback only after a user has performed an action
Give couple of clear examples of the usage of the components, that includes import
The Note component can be configured in a number of different ways. Learn when to use certain variations with this guide.
Note type (
Note with title (
- Use clear and succinct copy
- Ensure the copy is easily scannable. Focus on the objective and limit the number of concepts in each sentence
- Use progressive disclosure. Eliminate details that can be revealed as the user interacts and requires more information
- Use active voice, present tense, and consider tone of voice depending on the circumstance
- To add additional context, link out to documentation
- Do not preface the instructions with introductory text, such as "please"