HelpText is a styled copy block with guidance, placed in the context of form components.
Table of contents
How to use HelpText
- Only use this component in the context of a form, and as corresponding guidance to an input field
- Use direct, succinct copy that helps the user to successfully complete the form
- Do not preface the instructions with introductory text, such as "please"
- To add additional context, link out to documentation
- Do not use punctuation
- Use sentence style caps (in which only the first word of a sentence or term is capitalized)